Court hears plea against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi
Hyderabad: A local court has reserved its orders till tomorrow on a petition filed by a city-based lawyer seeking action against Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making a "hate speech" against a particular community.
The VII Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court today heard the application of Kashimshetty Karunasagar, a practising advocate, who informed the court that he was being threatened over phone since he filed the complaint against Akabaruddin and requested the court to hear the case directly.
The court posted the matter for hearing tomorrow when it will deliver its order on whether to direct the police to file an FIR against Akbaruddin over the provocative speech, as alleged by the petitioner, or should it take direct cognisance of the offence and issue summons.
Karunasagar had filed a complaint on December 28 in the court seeking registration of a case against Akbaruddin under Section 295-A (deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs), 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion) and other relevant sections of the IPC.
During the hearing today, Karunasagar informed the court that he had been getting threatening calls for filing the complaint against the MIM legislator. He also submitted a copy to the court of the FIR he has filed with Saroornagar police in this regard.
The petitioner requested the court for speedy disposal of the complaint by taking direct cognisance of the matter rather than referring it to police.
"There are several complaints pending with police against him (Akbaruddin) in different issues and hence the court should itself take cognisance and issue summons against him," Karunasagar requested the court.
The lawyer alleged that he saw an online video wherein Akbaruddin, who represents Chandrayangutta Assembly seat, was seen using inflammatory and derogatory words against a particular community, while addressing a public meeting (MIM Jalsa) at Nirmal town of Adilabad district.
Meanwhile, MIM President and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi told mediapersons that his party would abide by the court order, whatever it be.
"The matter is sub-judice and I will not comment more on this", he added.
Meanwhile, according to sources, Akbaruddin Owaisi has gone to London for his health treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp