Court issues NBW against Akbaruddin Owaisi in hate speech case
Hyderabad: A local court on Thursday issued a non-bailable warrant against Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making a "hate speech" against a particular community.
Based on a private complaint of Kashimshetty Karunasagar, a practising advocate, the VII Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court here issued the non-bailable warrant with a direction to Maddannapet police to produce Akbaruddin before it on May 9.
Akbaruddin`s counsel Mohd Azim filed an application in the court seeking recall of the non-bailable warrant.
"We have filed an application seeking to cancel the NBW. The court has posted the matter for tomorrow," Azim told PTI, adding that his client was ready to appear before the court.
Karunasagar had filed a complaint on December 28 last year in the court seeking registration of a case against Akbaruddin under Section 295-A (deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs), 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion) and other relevant sections of the IPC.
He had alleged that he saw an online video wherein Akbaruddin, who represents Chandrayangutta Assembly seat, was seen using inflammatory and derogatory words against a particular community, while addressing a public meeting at Nirmal town.
Earlier, the Second Metropolitan Magistrate of Ranga Reddy district had issued a non-bailable warrant against Akbaruddin on April 16 after he failed to appear before it in a hate speech case lodged against him at Nirmal town in Adilabad district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India