Court permits Raju to file counter reply to CBI allegations
Hyderabad: A city court today permitted
former chairman of Satyam Computers B Ramalinga Raju, to file
a detailed counter, after the CBI had alleged that Raju had
violated court orders and met several people at NIMS here
where he is presently undergoing treatment.
The premier investigating agency had last week alleged
that about 234 persons met Raju between December 12, 2009 and
March 27, 2010 at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences
(NIMS), where he is undergoing treatment for Hepatitis-C.
A court in its order on December 5 last year specified
that Raju, the prime accused in the multi-crore financial
fraud in Satyam Computers, should not be allowed to meet
others except either his wife or son to attend him in the
hospital. Raju should not be allowed to influence any person
with regard to the case, the court order had stated.
However, the CBI had alleged that several `rich and
mighty` of society were coming and interacting with Raju in
the hospital where he is under judicial custody.
Strongly objecting to the CBI allegations, Raju`s
counsels today asserted that only 12 advocates were meeting
him in the hospital as he faced over 40 cases around the
Following CBI`s petition on the issue, the
superintendent of Chanchalguda Central Prison had asked each
counsel to take permission prior to meeting Raju, the defence
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'