Court seeks fresh report on Satyam Raju`s health
Hyderabad: A special court trying the Satyam
Computers scam cases on Friday directed NIMS hospital here to
produce a fresh medical report on the health of the firm`s
former chairman, B Ramalinga Raju, before it by June 7.
Raju, prime accused in the multi-crore financial fraud in
Satyam Computers, who is undergoing treatment for Hepatitis C
at the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), has not
been attending court proceedings since September last year due
to health reasons.
Magistrate BVLN Chakravarti said that a medical report on
the health condition of Ramalinga Raju was last received on
April 17. He called for a fresh medical report from the NIMS
Director on Raju`s health and adjourned the case to June 7.
The court also posted the next hearing on the CBI`s plea
to examine Raju through video-conferencing to June 7.
In view of Raju not appearing before the court, the
premier investigating agency had sought permission to
establish a video link with NIMS to expedite the proceedings.
The court wants to examine all the 10 accused, including
Raju, with regard to the allegations mentioned against them by
the CBI in two separate chargesheets, before commencing the
The court, meanwhile, extended the judicial remand of all
the accused to June 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love