CPI criticises Centre for FDI vote
Hyderabad: CPI on Tuesday alleged that the government has kept aside important issues like women`s reservation bill, promotion of SC/STs and Telangana for lack of consensus but prioritised FDI in retail trade despite stiff opposition from parties.
"It was opportunism on the part of the parties which came to the rescue of the ruling coalition during voting in Parliament," party General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy said without naming SP and BSP.
Reddy was speaking at a meeting of the CPI`s Andhra Pradesh unit.
He took exception to the UPA agreeing for voting on the FDI issue.
CPI state secretary K Narayana alleged that the Centre lacked "sincerity" in resolving the Telangana issue though it called for a meeting of all recognised parties from Andhra Pradesh on December 28.
The Left parties in AP would meet on December 14 of 15 to chalk out their plan of action on launching a campaign against the hike in electricity tariff in the state, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory