CPI is opposed to second SRC, says Gurudas Dasgupta
Kolkata: The CPI, which supports formation of a separate Telangana state, today said it was opposed to the setting up of the second States Reorganisation Commission
to go into demands of creation of new states as it would "jeopardise national interest".
"We are opposed to the Centre`s move to set up a second States Reorganisation Commission. It will open a pandora`s box and seriously jeopardise national interest," CPI MP Gurudas Dasgupta said.
"The UPA government is trying to rectify one wrong step by taking another wrong step," he said.
He said CPI supported the formation of a separate Telangana state and it should be done in a peaceful and conducive environment.
"We have made it clear that we want an all-party meeting to arrive at a consensus," Dasgupta said.
He said the development in Andhra Pradesh would figure at
the party`s national council meeting at Bangalore between
December 27 to 29.
Referring to the loss suffered by the Left parties since
the Lok Sabha elections, he said the crisis the Left was
facing would also figure in the meeting, besides the current
political and economic situation in the country, the price
rise and the Copenhagen Accord.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi