CPI joins anti-FDI protests in AP
Hyderabad: The CPI on Thursday decided to join the
traders here in their protests as part of the nation-wide stir
against over FDI in retail sector.
The party said it would burn effigies at Naraynaguda and
organise a dharna at Begum Bazar in the city.
Traders in Begum Bazar, a traditional market for retail
shops, have planned to hold protests during the day
opposing the policy of the Central government.
Meanwhile, the one-day bandh evoked a partial response
in the morning hours here with several shops remaining open.
The impact of the bandh in traditional markets like
Koti, Sultan Bazar and other areas would be known only later
in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray