CPI MLAs from Telangana resign
Hyderabad: Following the footsteps of
their fellow legislators from other parties, all the four CPI
MLAs from Telangana tonight submitted their resignation
letters to the state party office on the statehood issue.
With this, the total number of Telangana MLAs who
resigned from their posts touched 84. There are in all 119
MLAs from Telangana.
CPI floor leaders in the Assembly G Mallesh and three
of his party colleagues resigned in protest against the
Centre`s decision to put Telangana statehood issue on the
CPI State Secretary K Narayana, however, said a
decision on the party MLAs` resignation would be taken after
consultation with the central leadership.
Four Hyderabad-based MLAs of Congress, who had been
indecisive on their resignations yesterday, bowed to pressure
and put in their papers today.
So far, out of total 119 MLAs from Telangana region 30
of Congress, 36 TDP, 10 TRS, 4 CPI, 2 each of BJP and PRP
have tendered their resignations on the statehood issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!