CPI MLAs from Telangana resign
Hyderabad: Following the footsteps of
their fellow legislators from other parties, all the four CPI
MLAs from Telangana tonight submitted their resignation
letters to the state party office on the statehood issue.
With this, the total number of Telangana MLAs who
resigned from their posts touched 84. There are in all 119
MLAs from Telangana.
CPI floor leaders in the Assembly G Mallesh and three
of his party colleagues resigned in protest against the
Centre`s decision to put Telangana statehood issue on the
CPI State Secretary K Narayana, however, said a
decision on the party MLAs` resignation would be taken after
consultation with the central leadership.
Four Hyderabad-based MLAs of Congress, who had been
indecisive on their resignations yesterday, bowed to pressure
and put in their papers today.
So far, out of total 119 MLAs from Telangana region 30
of Congress, 36 TDP, 10 TRS, 4 CPI, 2 each of BJP and PRP
have tendered their resignations on the statehood issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list