CPI MLAs from Telangana resign
Hyderabad: Following the footsteps of
their fellow legislators from other parties, all the four CPI
MLAs from Telangana tonight submitted their resignation
letters to the state party office on the statehood issue.
With this, the total number of Telangana MLAs who
resigned from their posts touched 84. There are in all 119
MLAs from Telangana.
CPI floor leaders in the Assembly G Mallesh and three
of his party colleagues resigned in protest against the
Centre`s decision to put Telangana statehood issue on the
CPI State Secretary K Narayana, however, said a
decision on the party MLAs` resignation would be taken after
consultation with the central leadership.
Four Hyderabad-based MLAs of Congress, who had been
indecisive on their resignations yesterday, bowed to pressure
and put in their papers today.
So far, out of total 119 MLAs from Telangana region 30
of Congress, 36 TDP, 10 TRS, 4 CPI, 2 each of BJP and PRP
have tendered their resignations on the statehood issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves