CPI(M) announces first list of candidates from Telangana
Hyderabad: CPI(M) today announced its first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in Telangana where polling is scheduled for April 30.
The party, which appears to have decided to go it alone in the polls, announced candidates for three Lok Sabha and five Assembly seats.
Sameena Afroz is the candidate from Khammam Lok Sabha seat, which it had won in 1996. N Narasimha Reddy and C Sitaramulu are the nominees from Nalgonda and Bhongir Lok Sabha seats, respectively.
The Left parties traditionally have a strong presence in Khammam and Nalgonda districts. The Assembly candidates are: Sunnam Rajaiah (Bhadrachalam), Lingala Kamalraj (Madhira), Pothineni Sudarshan Rao (Palair), J Ranga Reddy (Miryalguda) and Pagadala Yadaiah (Ibrahimpatnam).
J Ranga Reddy from Miryalguda in Nalgonda district is the lone MLA of CPI(M) in the outgoing Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
The party had contested the 2009 Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in an alliance with TDP, CPI and TRS, but has not announced any alliance this time, thought it had indicated that it might join forces with non-BJP, non-Congress parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet