Crime in Andhra well under control: DGP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh DGP V Dinesh Reddy on Saturday said the occurrence of crime in the state was not "alarming" and well "under control".
"The overall crime situation is under control during first five months of this year. The crime pattern is not alarming and well under control. The last two bypolls in the state were incident free," he told a press conference on `Half-Yearly round-up on crime and policing` here.
According to Reddy, a total of 77,390 cognisable crimes were reported this year up to May compared to 73,515 cases during the same period last year, with an increase of 5.27 per cent.
However, the percentage of crime detection during the current year stood at 46.65 per cent (36103 cases were solved out of 77,390 cases reported) as against 47.50 per cent (34920 cases solved out of 73515) in the corresponding period last year, he added.
Reddy said property worth Rs 37.41 crore was recovered out of Rs 76.15 crore (49.13 per cent) compared to property worth Rs 28.19 crore recovered out of the property lost at Rs 63.28 crore (44.55 per cent) in year-ago period.
During the current year, 88 cases were booked against 162 human traffickers and 117 victims rescued, he said.
Reddy said that a `vehicle scanning system` is needed to put in place at vital locations ahead of the global bio-diversity conference slated for October.
"A proposal of Rs 105 crore for purchasing the scanning of equipment has been placed before the government. The system is only in Mumbai and Bangalore presently. We too want this system and sent a proposal," the DGP said.
Referring to the proposal for merger of Police
Commissionerates of Hyderabad and Cyberabad, the top cop said "Regarding amalgamation (of Hyderabad and Cyberabad Police Commissionerates), a report to the government will be sent. I formed a committee to examine the proposal and formulate necessary rules. That`s on the anvil".
Meanwhile, CID ADG SV Ramana Murthy said that to liquidate the pendency of PT cases, which are punishable with imprisonment of 3 to 7 years, the new concept of Plea Bargaining is being implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25