Crime in Andhra well under control: DGP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh DGP V Dinesh Reddy on Saturday said the occurrence of crime in the state was not "alarming" and well "under control".
"The overall crime situation is under control during first five months of this year. The crime pattern is not alarming and well under control. The last two bypolls in the state were incident free," he told a press conference on `Half-Yearly round-up on crime and policing` here.
According to Reddy, a total of 77,390 cognisable crimes were reported this year up to May compared to 73,515 cases during the same period last year, with an increase of 5.27 per cent.
However, the percentage of crime detection during the current year stood at 46.65 per cent (36103 cases were solved out of 77,390 cases reported) as against 47.50 per cent (34920 cases solved out of 73515) in the corresponding period last year, he added.
Reddy said property worth Rs 37.41 crore was recovered out of Rs 76.15 crore (49.13 per cent) compared to property worth Rs 28.19 crore recovered out of the property lost at Rs 63.28 crore (44.55 per cent) in year-ago period.
During the current year, 88 cases were booked against 162 human traffickers and 117 victims rescued, he said.
Reddy said that a `vehicle scanning system` is needed to put in place at vital locations ahead of the global bio-diversity conference slated for October.
"A proposal of Rs 105 crore for purchasing the scanning of equipment has been placed before the government. The system is only in Mumbai and Bangalore presently. We too want this system and sent a proposal," the DGP said.
Referring to the proposal for merger of Police
Commissionerates of Hyderabad and Cyberabad, the top cop said "Regarding amalgamation (of Hyderabad and Cyberabad Police Commissionerates), a report to the government will be sent. I formed a committee to examine the proposal and formulate necessary rules. That`s on the anvil".
Meanwhile, CID ADG SV Ramana Murthy said that to liquidate the pendency of PT cases, which are punishable with imprisonment of 3 to 7 years, the new concept of Plea Bargaining is being implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands