CRPF constable siphons off Rs 53 lakh pension funds
Hyderabad: City police have uncovered a scam, in which a CRPF constable allegedly got Rs 53 lakh of monthly pension of a few retired employees of para-military forces, credited to his wife`s account over a period of time.
Accused Durgaprasad had been assigned the task of preparing a list of pensioners.
He used to make a CD every month that contained the names of the pensioners as well as their account numbers. Later, the CD used to be submitted to a nationalised bank at Barkas here, police said.
However, in the process he used to delete names of a couple of pensioners and replace them with his wife`s name and her account number, they added.
Durgaprasad allegedly got an amount of Rs 53 lakh credited to his wife Sharada`s account over a period of one year and subsequently withdrew the amount, they said.
"He used to randomly select the pensioners` names and account numbers and replace them with his wife`s name and account number for getting the amount credited by the bank," a police officer said.
A retired employee who did not get the pension credited in his account grew suspicious and informed the matter to the CRPF higher authorities. They contacted the bank officials, who after verification found that the name of the constable`s wife was mentioned against the genuine pensioners in the CD.
Durgaprasad is absconding ever since the fraud has come to light, they said.
Chandrayangutta police booked a case against Durgaprasad on charges of cheating, criminal breach of trust by public servant, forgery and fraudulent cancellation of valuable security under IPC sections and was further investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!