CRPF constable siphons off Rs 53 lakh pension funds
Hyderabad: City police have uncovered a scam, in which a CRPF constable allegedly got Rs 53 lakh of monthly pension of a few retired employees of para-military forces, credited to his wife`s account over a period of time.
Accused Durgaprasad had been assigned the task of preparing a list of pensioners.
He used to make a CD every month that contained the names of the pensioners as well as their account numbers. Later, the CD used to be submitted to a nationalised bank at Barkas here, police said.
However, in the process he used to delete names of a couple of pensioners and replace them with his wife`s name and her account number, they added.
Durgaprasad allegedly got an amount of Rs 53 lakh credited to his wife Sharada`s account over a period of one year and subsequently withdrew the amount, they said.
"He used to randomly select the pensioners` names and account numbers and replace them with his wife`s name and account number for getting the amount credited by the bank," a police officer said.
A retired employee who did not get the pension credited in his account grew suspicious and informed the matter to the CRPF higher authorities. They contacted the bank officials, who after verification found that the name of the constable`s wife was mentioned against the genuine pensioners in the CD.
Durgaprasad is absconding ever since the fraud has come to light, they said.
Chandrayangutta police booked a case against Durgaprasad on charges of cheating, criminal breach of trust by public servant, forgery and fraudulent cancellation of valuable security under IPC sections and was further investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security