Crucial meeting of YSR Congress today
Hyderabad: The Central Governing Council and the Central Executive Council of YSR Congress will meet here on Monday to draw an action plan for the party.
The meeting comes at a time when the Supreme Court had recently rejected the bail plea of Jagan, arrested by CBI and lodged in the Chanchalguda jail here in the disproportionate assets case.
The fledgling party that has been on a high since its launch in March, 2011 suddenly finds itself in a desolate situation in the absence of Jagan.
While moving a review petition (against the quashing of bail plea) is one of the option being considered, the other is to file a petition seeking a clear time-frame for CBI to complete its probe into the case so that Jagan`s bail process could be hastened, sources in the party said.
Simultaneously, the YSR Congress think-tank is also said to be toying with the idea of resuming `Odarpu Yatra`, the `consolation` tour that contributed to the emergence of Jagan as a leader with mass appeal.
As Jagan is likely to remain in jail for some time, his mother Vijayamma could re-start the yatra from where he left before his arrest by the CBI in May.
Alternatively, a padayatra (foot march) is also being considered by Vijayamma to highlight the people`s problems and the government`s failure in resolving them, they said, adding that a final decision on this would be taken tomorrow.
The urgency for the YSR Congress to launch a `yatra` with Vijayamma is to neutralise the impact of Indiramma Baata, a government mass contact programme being undertaken by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, and Vastunna..Mee Kosam, a 117-day foot march launched recently by Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu.
One of the worrying factor for the YSR Congress is the growing internal fighting in some of the party`s district units. Internal squabbles are being reported from districts like East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur and Nellore that are considered the YSRC`s strongholds.
A tour by Vijayamma is expected to set things in order as well as sustain the morale of the party cadre, a senior YSRC leader noted.
`How to keep the ship sailing` is the biggest concern for the 18-month-old outfit that has been emerging as a formidable challenger to both the ruling Congress and the main opposition Telugu Desam in the state.
Jagan is the main force that pulls the YSR Congress. In the absence of the Kadapa MP, the party has no other leader worth the name to steer the ship.
Year 2014 is still a long way to go and keeping the momentum going, without Jagan, will be an arduous task, YSRC leaders apprehend.
YSR Congress` so-called `strategists` YV Subba Reddy and MV Mysura Reddy had yesterday held `emergency` talks with some other leaders on the course of action to be adopted in the light of the Supreme Court order on the bail plea of Jagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing