Curfew in AP town after communal trouble
Sangareddy: A curfew has been imposed
in Sangareddy town in Medak district on Friday, following a
communal clash which started after a picture of a religious
place was uploaded on a social networking site.
Trouble started after Pavan Kumar Muddiraj allegedly
uploaded photo of a religious place.
A complaint was lodged last night, saying that the photo
and its caption hurt religious feelings.
As the news spread, scores of others gathered at the
police station around mid-night and resorted to demonstration
and road-blockade demanding immediate arrest of the man.
There was also a confrontation between members of the two
communities near Government Junior College, which led to
stone-pelting. Vehicles were set ablaze, before police could
intervene and run off the mobs.
Stone-pelting took place this morning too, in which shops
and vehicles were damaged, even as authorities imposed curfew.
"The situation has calmed down and is under control and
peaceful," a senior police officer said, adding that efforts
to arrest Muddiraj were on.
Andhra Pradesh Home Minister P Sabitha Indra Reddy
reviewed the situation at a meeting with senior police
officers in Hyderabad.
Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister C Damodhar Raja
Narasimha and local MLA, T Jaya Prakash Reddy visited the
Medak Collector Suresh Kumar held a meeting of peace
committee and appealed for peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`