Curfew in AP town after communal trouble
Sangareddy: A curfew has been imposed
in Sangareddy town in Medak district on Friday, following a
communal clash which started after a picture of a religious
place was uploaded on a social networking site.
Trouble started after Pavan Kumar Muddiraj allegedly
uploaded photo of a religious place.
A complaint was lodged last night, saying that the photo
and its caption hurt religious feelings.
As the news spread, scores of others gathered at the
police station around mid-night and resorted to demonstration
and road-blockade demanding immediate arrest of the man.
There was also a confrontation between members of the two
communities near Government Junior College, which led to
stone-pelting. Vehicles were set ablaze, before police could
intervene and run off the mobs.
Stone-pelting took place this morning too, in which shops
and vehicles were damaged, even as authorities imposed curfew.
"The situation has calmed down and is under control and
peaceful," a senior police officer said, adding that efforts
to arrest Muddiraj were on.
Andhra Pradesh Home Minister P Sabitha Indra Reddy
reviewed the situation at a meeting with senior police
officers in Hyderabad.
Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister C Damodhar Raja
Narasimha and local MLA, T Jaya Prakash Reddy visited the
Medak Collector Suresh Kumar held a meeting of peace
committee and appealed for peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion