Curfew in violence-hit areas in Hyd to continue
Hyderabad: Curfew in communally sensitive
areas of Saidabad and Madannapet in the old city here
continued for the third consecutive day on Tuesday, even as police
indicated that prohibitory orders may be relaxed from
tomorrow, if the situation remains peaceful.
No untoward incidents were reported from trouble-hit
areas and the situation is peaceful. Security check-ups and
patrolling have been intensified there and efforts are on to
nab those responsible for the communal disturbance on Sunday
last, a senior police officer said today.
"The curfew is continuing as per orders of higher
authorities. However, the situation is totally peaceful and
under control and if normalcy continues there will be
relaxation in curfew from tomorrow," he said.
He said police had so far arrested five persons in
connection with violent incidents reported under the areas of
Madannapet and Saidabad police station limits.
Authorities had imposed indefinite curfew in the two
police station areas after communal trouble broke out with
members of two communities indulging in stabbing and heavy
stone-pelting, over alleged desecration of a place of worship
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city