Curfew in violence-hit areas in Hyd to continue
Hyderabad: Curfew in communally sensitive
areas of Saidabad and Madannapet in the old city here
continued for the third consecutive day on Tuesday, even as police
indicated that prohibitory orders may be relaxed from
tomorrow, if the situation remains peaceful.
No untoward incidents were reported from trouble-hit
areas and the situation is peaceful. Security check-ups and
patrolling have been intensified there and efforts are on to
nab those responsible for the communal disturbance on Sunday
last, a senior police officer said today.
"The curfew is continuing as per orders of higher
authorities. However, the situation is totally peaceful and
under control and if normalcy continues there will be
relaxation in curfew from tomorrow," he said.
He said police had so far arrested five persons in
connection with violent incidents reported under the areas of
Madannapet and Saidabad police station limits.
Authorities had imposed indefinite curfew in the two
police station areas after communal trouble broke out with
members of two communities indulging in stabbing and heavy
stone-pelting, over alleged desecration of a place of worship
- How to deactivate WhatsApp if your mobile is stolen or lost
- WATCH: Axar Patel performs Champion dance after dismissing Dwayne Bravo for 0
- Australian state Parliament evacuated over suspicious package
- Stop spending money on festivities; focus on education, healthcare: RSS to temples
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark