CVC seeks CBI report on info leak in Jagan DA case
Hyderabad: Central Vigilance Commission has sought a report from the CBI on alleged "leakage" of information related to the ongoing investigations in the disproportionate assets case against Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
"Some people from AP have met me complaining that there has been a leakage of certain investigation. So we have called for a report from the CBI on this. We want to get a feedback from them before taking a final view on it," Chief Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar told reporters here on Saturday.
Jagan`s mother and MLA YS Vijaya had met the CVC in New Delhi two days ago and lodged a complaint against the CBI Joint Director, alleging that he was leaking information related to the investigation to a section of the media.
When asked about Vijaya`s complaint, the CVC, who was here to attend the 9th anniversary celebrations of Vigilance Study Circle, said a report has been sought from the CBI.
The top anti-corruption watchdog stressed the need for greater focus on the "supply side" in corrupt deals.
"When somebody does give bribe and there is a favour given, each is a complement of the other. When you are talking about supply side corruption, somebody wants a favour in the form of licenses, leasing rights, so many other things...They give money to get a quid pro quo. It forms part of corruption.
"For the past five decades, our anti-corruption efforts have largely focused on the demand side corruption... The public servant who receives or solicits bribe. With a liberalised economy and changing dynamics between public and private sector, there is a need to focus on the supply side of corruption...Offering of bribe. Various regulatory changes in this direction are being contemplated," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre