CWC to meet by this month-end to finalise on Telangana issue
Hyderabad: The Central Working Committee of the Congress is expected to meet before the end of this month to take a final call on the Telangana statehood issue.
AICC general secretary, in charge of AP affairs, Digvijay Singh indicated this to a Telugu news channel on Saturday.
"The CWC will meet hopefully before the month end and take a final decision on Telangana. No more consultations will be held on the issue. The decision is going to be final," Digvijay said.
The Congress Core Committee that met in New Delhi last evening did not come out with any decision on the vexee issue and instead put the ball into the CWC court.
Today, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, his deputy Damodar Rajanarasimha and PCC president Botsa Satyanarayana stayed back in New Delhi and held further talks with Digvijay on Telangana.
A minister from Telangana, who was camping in New Delhi, said they were hopeful that a decision would come out from the CWC in favour of a separate state.
"We have not lost hope yet as there are clear indications after yesterday`s Core Committee meeting that the high command is favourably inclined towards Telangana. CWC`s endorsement may just be a formality," the minister said over phone after a meeting of leaders from the region at Union Minister S Jaipal Reddy`s residence today.
On the other hand, ministers from Andhra-Rayalaseema regions who conferred with the CM and the PCC chief separately, contend that the CWC was always in favour of constituting a second States Re-organisation Commission and the same stand could be spelt out once again.
"If a decision has to be taken on Telangana straightaway, the CWC will have to annul its 2004 resolution in favour of a second SRC," a minister pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31