CWC unlikely to reverse Telangana decision: AP Congress leader
Guntur: Senior Congress MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao is not optimistic about Congress Working Committee reversing its decision to form a separate Telangana state in response to resignations by MPs and widespread protests in coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema.
"However, the process has slowed down," he said.
Speaking to reporters at his Laxmipuram camp office here today, he admitted that Congress MPs had given a blank cheque to Sonia Gandhi in the fervent belief that she was opposed to the division of Andhra Pradesh.
"We committed a mistake," he said.
He said that since Hyderabad is the hub of the infotech sector and the pharmaceutical industry, bifurcation would deny job opportunities to youth from Seemandhra region.
He was evasive about whether they would launch a new political party and on which party ticket he would contest the 2014 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown