CWC unlikely to reverse Telangana decision: AP Congress leader
Guntur: Senior Congress MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao is not optimistic about Congress Working Committee reversing its decision to form a separate Telangana state in response to resignations by MPs and widespread protests in coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema.
"However, the process has slowed down," he said.
Speaking to reporters at his Laxmipuram camp office here today, he admitted that Congress MPs had given a blank cheque to Sonia Gandhi in the fervent belief that she was opposed to the division of Andhra Pradesh.
"We committed a mistake," he said.
He said that since Hyderabad is the hub of the infotech sector and the pharmaceutical industry, bifurcation would deny job opportunities to youth from Seemandhra region.
He was evasive about whether they would launch a new political party and on which party ticket he would contest the 2014 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers