CWC unlikely to reverse Telangana decision: AP Congress leader
Guntur: Senior Congress MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao is not optimistic about Congress Working Committee reversing its decision to form a separate Telangana state in response to resignations by MPs and widespread protests in coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema.
"However, the process has slowed down," he said.
Speaking to reporters at his Laxmipuram camp office here today, he admitted that Congress MPs had given a blank cheque to Sonia Gandhi in the fervent belief that she was opposed to the division of Andhra Pradesh.
"We committed a mistake," he said.
He said that since Hyderabad is the hub of the infotech sector and the pharmaceutical industry, bifurcation would deny job opportunities to youth from Seemandhra region.
He was evasive about whether they would launch a new political party and on which party ticket he would contest the 2014 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day