Cyberabad police plans help desks for women’s safety
Hyderabad: In order to curb crime against women, Cyberabad Police here has started the process of setting up exclusive women help desks across all its police stations.
The existing reception centres in 40-odd police stations under Cyberabad Police Commissionerate will also act as `exclusive women help desks`, Cyberabad Police Commissioner Ch Dwarka Tirumala Rao said.
"The reception centres are being strengthened and in addition to the reception work, they will function as women help desks with the posting of a woman police constable," the Cyberabad Police chief said, adding as of now one `exclusive women help desk` is functioning through the police control room.
These help desks will look into the issues relating to women and crime against them by not only taking complaints of women in distress, but also guide them properly and counsel them, Rao explained.
The help desks will be headed by women officials who will be in constant touch with the victims to ensure their safety. "The intention of setting up these help desks is to guide women properly besides follow up the matter through regular communication with them once a complaint is lodged," he added.
"Sensitive cases in which women are victims, will be handled by women inspectors under the supervision of Additional DCP (Crimes), also a woman officer," the Commissioner said.
The complaints received by the desk would be monitored daily though an online system, another senior police officer said, adding that they have developed a software for petition monitoring system which will help keep a tab on the progress of cases at all stages.
The software which is being presently tested, will shortly be updated with all police stations and will act as `Grievance Redressal system` for all type of complaints, Rao said.
In 2012, 72 rape cases were registered in Cyberabad limits, against 84 in 2011. Number of crimes against women decreased from 1,878 last year to 1,642 cases in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’