Cyclone Helen to cross AP tomorrow night
Chennai: The deep depression over the Bay of Bengal would intensify into a cyclonic storm and cross the coast between Chennai and Ongole tomorrow night, the Indian Meteorological Department said here on Wednesday.
Cyclone `Helen` would cross the south Andhra Pradesh coast near Kavali on the night of November 21, the IMD said.
The deep depression over west-central Bay of Bengal would intensify into a cyclonic storm in the next few hours and to a severe cyclonic storm in the next 24 hours, it said.
Moving west northwestwards for some time and then west southwestwards, it would cross south Andhra Pradesh and adjoining north Tamil Nadu coasts between Chennai and Ongole close to Kavali around the night of November 21, the IMD said.
IMD further warned of heavy to very heavy rainfall at a few places with isolated extremely heavy rainfall over coastal Andhra Pradesh from today onwards.
Squally winds with speed of 55?65 kmph gusting to 75 kmph would prevail along and off north Andhra Pradesh and north Tamil Nadu and Puducherry coasts, it said, adding sea conditions would be very high along and off Andhra Pradesh coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men