Cyclone Helen to cross AP tomorrow night
Chennai: The deep depression over the Bay of Bengal would intensify into a cyclonic storm and cross the coast between Chennai and Ongole tomorrow night, the Indian Meteorological Department said here on Wednesday.
Cyclone `Helen` would cross the south Andhra Pradesh coast near Kavali on the night of November 21, the IMD said.
The deep depression over west-central Bay of Bengal would intensify into a cyclonic storm in the next few hours and to a severe cyclonic storm in the next 24 hours, it said.
Moving west northwestwards for some time and then west southwestwards, it would cross south Andhra Pradesh and adjoining north Tamil Nadu coasts between Chennai and Ongole close to Kavali around the night of November 21, the IMD said.
IMD further warned of heavy to very heavy rainfall at a few places with isolated extremely heavy rainfall over coastal Andhra Pradesh from today onwards.
Squally winds with speed of 55?65 kmph gusting to 75 kmph would prevail along and off north Andhra Pradesh and north Tamil Nadu and Puducherry coasts, it said, adding sea conditions would be very high along and off Andhra Pradesh coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city