Cyclone impact: Central team in East Godavari on Thursday
Rajahmundry: A three-member Inter- Ministerial Central team will arrive here tomorrow to assess the damage caused to crops, property, irrigation sources, roads and rail track in East Godavari district due to `nilam` cyclone which struck in November first week.
The team, which will tour areas affected by rains caused due to cyclone, will be headed by K K Pathak, Joint Secretary in Union Home Ministry, District Collector Neetu Kumari Prasad said on Wednesday.
Ahead of the visit, she held a meeting with officials of various departments, including irrigation, revenue and agriculture, to gather necessary information and data.
The team, which will have members from Tobacco Board and Planning Commission, will arrive here from Visakhapatnam.
They will visit Tuni and Routhulapudi mandals, where rail infrastructure, culverts, irrigation sources and paddy crops, among others, were affected due to rains, Prasad said.
Speaking separately, she said the local administration has completed the process of direct cash transfer to 76,000 students, who receive Government stipend, from January 1.
Of the 1.6 lakh eligible students in the district, 76,000 have already opened their bank accounts which have been linked with Aadhar number, Prasad said.
"The process of allotting Aadhar numbers to the remaining students will be completed within seven days," the Collector said.
Besides stipend, beneficiaries getting subsidised kerosene, pensions and gas will also be paid directly through the bank in the first phase, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’