Cyclone Laila: 3 killed in East Godavari district of Andhra
Rajahmundry: Three persons were killed and
one person was missing, even as over 3,000 people were shifted
to relief camps in East Godavari district, as cyclone Laila
struck the Andhra Pradesh coast on Thursday, officials said.
G Abbulu and his father Narasimha Murthy were
electrocuted in Malikipuram Mandal here, while Sathiraju died
in Kotipallirevu in K Gangavaram Mandal, District Collector M
One more person of Mummadivaram mandal B Sambamurthy is
missing, he said.
According to Ravichandra, around 3,300 people have been
shifted to 17 cyclone relief camps in the district.
The district has so far received one cm rainfall. Paddy
in 448 hectares was damaged in the district, while in
Ramachandrapuram and Kapileswarapuram some crops were
submerged in the water, he added.
The Collector said a National Disaster Rescue Operation
Team has been dispatched to Prakasam district and the 150
army personnel who were expected to reach Kakinada from
Hyderabad have been sent to Ongole.
State Social Welfare Minister P Subash Chandra Bose
visited Uppada village and reviewed the situation in the area,
while Rural Water Supply Minister P Viswaroop visited coast
line mandals of Allvaram and Uppalguptam in Amalapuram
Assembly Constituency and interacted with the fishermen
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre