Cyclone Nilam: 44 people killed in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Forty-four people were killed and
a massive damage was caused to crops in Andhra Pradesh due to cyclone `Nilam`, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said on Saturday.
Reddy, who interacted with district collectors of all the
affected districts via video conferencing at the state secretariat, said orders have been issued for paying the ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh under various schemes to the families of the deceased, a CMO press release said.
Besides the relief measures, 20-kg rice and 5 litres of
kerosene will also be supplied to the affected families and 10-kg rice to those who are leaving at the relief camps including the fishermen and weavers whose houses are water-logged, it said.
Reddy said that medical teams have been dispatched to the
affected areas. It was also decided that Collectors can directly sanction houses and expenses for the reconstruction of the damaged houses under Indira Awas Yojana which would be ratified later.
The chief minister said that compensation will be paid for the loss of animals to a family without any restriction on the number, the release added.
Reddy also assured that all the discoloured paddy would
be procured by the state agencies at the Minimum Support Price and efforts are being made to see that the damaged cotton is purchased by the Cotton Corporation of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview