DA case: CBI court extends Jagan`s remand
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here on Thursday extended till January 31 the judicial remand of YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in connection with the alleged disproportionate assets case.
Jagan, along with other accused including former minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasada and senior bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy (all accused in Vanpic aspect of Jagan assets case), who are currently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison, were produced before the court through video-conferencing after which their judicial custody was extended by another 14 days.
Jaganmohan Reddy was arrested by CBI on corruption charges on May 27 last year.
The court also extended the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy, and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) till January 31 after they were produced before it through video link.
The mining baron, who is lodged in Chanchalguda jail, was supposed to be taken to Bellary today after a court there had summoned him on a prisoner transit warrant, in connection with a defamation suit filed by former MLA Diwakar Babu.
However, Chanchalguda jail authorities did not take Janardhan Reddy to Bellary, as the local police were unable to provide escort to present him before the Bellary court.
The Bellary court had directed that Janardhan Reddy should appear before it on January 18.
In a related development, the court also extended the judicial remand of Emaar scam accused Sunil Reddy till January 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional