DA case: CBI grills Jagan Reddy for second day
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) grilled YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy for the second consecutive day on Saturday in connection with the disproportionate assets case.
The CBI team will question the YSR Congress chief again on Sunday, reports say.
There is speculation that the agency could arrest Jagan in connection with the case. Keeping in view the possibility, security has been tightened in the city with prohibitory orders imposed under Section 144 CrPC.
Security has also been strengthened in and around the Dilkhusa Guest House where a large number of police and RAF personnel have been deployed.
The CBI maintains that Jagan "influenced" his father and late Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy into doling out favours to select investors as a quid-pro-quo for investing into his businesses.
The probe agency had earlier said that it wanted to question Jagan on the Vadarevu and Nizampatnam Ports and Industrial Corridor (VANPIC) deal in the presence of industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and senior bureaucrat K V Brahamandna Reddy who are already under arrest.
Prasad is the promoter in the VANPIC deal and allegedly invested Rs 850 crore in the business of Jagan for land allotment made to the VANPIC project by the then YSR regime on quid-pro-quo basis.
The CBI had on Thursday arrested Andhra Pradesh Excise Minister Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao on charges of criminal conspiracy and criminal breach of trust in connection with the VANPIC project.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court had on Wednesday asked Jagan to comply with the CBI directive and appear before the investigation agency.
The CBI court had denied him interim anticipatory bail even as Jagan pleaded that he was leading the campaign for the forthcoming bypolls in Andhra Pradesh for his party candidates.
The High Court as well as the CBI had turned down Jagan`s pleas.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read