DA case: CBI to file supplementary chargesheet against Jagan Reddy today
Hyderabad: The CBI, probing the alleged disproportionate assets case involving YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy, has said it could file a supplementary chargesheet in the case by Tuesday.
The central agency made this submission before a special CBI court here while seeking extension of judicial remand of Jagan and other accused.
The supplementary chargesheet is likely to be filed against three pharma companies after the CBI during its investigation collected more details against them.
The court, in the meanwhile, extended the judicial remand of Jagan, former Andhra Pradesh Excise Minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, IRAS officer KV Brahmananda Reddy (all accused in Vanpic aspect of Jagan assets case) till April 8, after they were produced before it through video-conference from Chanchalguda Central Prison where they are currently lodged.
Andhra Pradesh Roads and Buildings Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao, also an accused in the case, appeared before the Principal Special Court for the CBI cases. Jagan was arrested by CBI on May 27 last year on corruption charges and has been lodged in Chanchalguda Jail since then.
Meanwhile, the court also extended till April 1 the judicial custody of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy and Gali`s close associate K Mehfuz Ali Khan- all accused in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) scam case, till April 15.
It also extended the judicial remand of Sunil Reddy, an accused in the Emaar scandal till April 8.
The CBI has accused Jagan of getting huge investments from various individuals and firms into his businesses as quid-pro-quo for the favours granted by the then government headed by his father and chief minister (late) YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
The CBI has so far filed four chargesheets against Jagan and others.
The investigating agency has accused that Jagan and his late father hatched a conspiracy to defraud the state government, wherein Jagan influenced the senior Reddy in doling out certain favours to various stake-holders, who made investments of several crores into Jagan`s businesses (at very high premium) as a quid-pro-quo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla