DA case: ED to question Jagan Reddy
Hyderabad: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) will on Saturday begin questioning YSR Congress Party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy in the illegal assets case, a day after a special court here granted the agency permission for the same.
The CBI court allowed ED to quiz Jagan, as the Parliament member from Kadapa is popularly known, in Chanchalguda Central Jail for 14 days.
The court, which had on July 2 reserved its orders on the ED plea, permitted the central agency to question Jagan from July 7 to July 21.
The ED officials will grill Jagan in the presence of his lawyer every day from 10 am to 5 pm.
The CBI court rejected the objections raised by Jagan to the ED petition. In his counter, the MP urged the court to dismiss the petition.
Jagan argued that he is no longer chairman or director of Jagati Publications, the investments into which are under the ED scanner.
Jagati Publications, which publishes Telugu daily ‘Sakshi’, reportedly received investments from firms based abroad in return for the favours doled out to them by the then government of Jagan`s father YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
The ED has already booked Jagan for alleged violations of Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA).
The ED last month questioned industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, suspended bureaucrat BP Acharya and another bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy in Chanchalguda Central Jail here in the same case.
Jagan was arrested by the CBI on May 27. The High Court on July 4 dismissed his bail petition.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir