DA case: Jagan`s judicial remand extended till Dec 19
Hyderabad: A special CBI court on Wednesday extended till December 19 the judicial remand of YSR Congress Party president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in connection with the alleged disproportionate assets case involving him.
Jaganmohan Reddy, arrested by CBI on corruption charges and presently lodged in Chanchalguda prison here, was produced under heavy security before the First Additional Special Judge for CBI cases, along with former AP minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and others.
The court extended their judicial custody by another fourteen days.
AP minister Dhramana Prasad Rao, who is also an accused in the case, appeared before the court.
The CBI court had yesterday dismissed the bail application of Jaganmohan Reddy. He has moved another bail plea in the Andhra Pradesh High Court, which will come up for hearing on December 11.
In another development, the court extended the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) till December 19.
The court also extended the judicial remand of some of the accused, including Sunil Reddy, in the Emaar scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda