DA case: Jagan`s judicial remand extended till Feb 27
Hyderabad: A special CBI court on Thursday extended till February 27 the judicial remand of YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy and others accused in the case of alleged disproportionate assets involving him.
Jagan and the others accused - including former minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and senior bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy (all accused in Vanpic aspect of Jagan assets case) - who are currently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison, were produced before the CBI court here through video-conferencing, after which their judicial custody was extended by another 14 days.
Andhra Pradesh Roads and Buildings Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao, who is also an accused in the case, did not appear before the court.
Jagan, the MP from Kadapa, was arrested on May 27 last year by CBI on corruption charges.
The court also extended the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy and another accused - Mehfuz Ali Khan - in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) till February 27 after they were produced before it through video link.
In a related development, the court also extended the judicial remand of Emaar scam accused Sunil Reddy till the same date.
Suspended IAS officer BP Acharya, the prime accused in the Emaar township scam and another accused, senior IAS officer and Executive Officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) LV Subrahmanyam, also appeared before the court.
On January 31, the court had taken "exception" to the non-appearance of Subrahmanyam before it.
Earlier, CBI court Principal Special Judge U Durga Prasad Rao sought to know from CBI the status of probe carried out by it in the Jagan assets case, OMC and also Emaar scam.
He also asked the agency to inform the court about progress made with regard to investigation done in all the three cases by the next hearing date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer
- IMF flags decelerating pace of reforms in India; lists six areas for further reforms
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!
- Are you daring enough to visit THIS spooky 'Island of the Dolls'?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan