DA case: Jagan`s judicial remand extended till Feb 27
Hyderabad: A special CBI court on Thursday extended till February 27 the judicial remand of YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy and others accused in the case of alleged disproportionate assets involving him.
Jagan and the others accused - including former minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and senior bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy (all accused in Vanpic aspect of Jagan assets case) - who are currently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison, were produced before the CBI court here through video-conferencing, after which their judicial custody was extended by another 14 days.
Andhra Pradesh Roads and Buildings Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao, who is also an accused in the case, did not appear before the court.
Jagan, the MP from Kadapa, was arrested on May 27 last year by CBI on corruption charges.
The court also extended the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy and another accused - Mehfuz Ali Khan - in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) till February 27 after they were produced before it through video link.
In a related development, the court also extended the judicial remand of Emaar scam accused Sunil Reddy till the same date.
Suspended IAS officer BP Acharya, the prime accused in the Emaar township scam and another accused, senior IAS officer and Executive Officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) LV Subrahmanyam, also appeared before the court.
On January 31, the court had taken "exception" to the non-appearance of Subrahmanyam before it.
Earlier, CBI court Principal Special Judge U Durga Prasad Rao sought to know from CBI the status of probe carried out by it in the Jagan assets case, OMC and also Emaar scam.
He also asked the agency to inform the court about progress made with regard to investigation done in all the three cases by the next hearing date.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'