DA case: Jagan`s judicial remand extended till May 13
Hyderabad: A special CBI court on Monday extended till May 13 the judicial remand of YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and others accused in connection with alleged quid-pro-quo deals in the assets case.
Jagan and the others accused, including ex-minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasada and senior bureaucrat K V Brahmananda Reddy (all accused in Vanpic aspect of the Jagan assets case), who are currently lodged in Chanchalguda prison, were produced before the CBI court through video-conferencing.
Andhra Pradesh Minister Dhramana Prasad Rao, who is also an accused in the case, appeared before the court.
Jaganmohan Reddy was arrested by CBI on corruption charges on May 27 last year.
The court had on Saturday last rejected Jaganmohan`s and his financial advisor and another accused Vijay Sai Reddy`s plea, to treat the charge sheet filed against Dalmia Cements (fifth charge sheet in the case) as the last one in the case.
CBI has accused Jagan of getting huge investments from various individuals and firms into his businesses as quid pro quo for the favours granted by the then government headed by his father and Chief Minister (late) Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
The central agency has so far filed five charge sheets, besides two supplementary charge sheets, against Jagan and others.
The court, meanwhile, also extended till May 13 the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC).
In a related development, the court also extended the judicial remand of Emaar scam accused Sunil Reddy till May 13.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know