DA case: Jagan`s judicial remand extended
Hyderabad: A local CBI court Monday extended till July 4 the judicial remand of YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
Jagan, who appeared before the judge through video conference from Chanchalguda prison where he is lodged, had earlier requested the court that he be allowed to appear in the court in person.
However, the court rejected his memo and directed the prison authorities to produce him through video conference.
When Jagan was last produced before the court, the police brought him in a police van, instead of the bullet-proof vehicle it used earlier.
Objecting to the manner in which he was brought to the court, Jagan had complained to the court and said despite being an MP and president of a political party, he was treated like an ordinary criminal though he was still an accused and no charge against him was proved yet.
CBI, probing the assets case against Jagan, had arrested the 39-year-old MP on May 27.
The probe agency, in its three charge-sheets filed against Jagan and others, had alleged that he and his father hatched a conspiracy to defraud the government, and the state government granted some favours to certain firms, which made investments in Jagan`s businesses as a quid pro quo.
Meanwhile, in APIIC-Emaar case, the court extended the remand of suspended IAS officer B P Acharya till July 4. He was also presented before court through video conferencing.
Separately, former Lok Sabha Speaker PA Sangma, who is contesting the Presidential poll and wanted to meet Jagan Reddy in the Chanchalguda Central Prison, was denied permission to do so.
Sangma wanted to meet the Kadapa MP seeking his support in the crucial Presidential poll. Jagan Reddy`s YSR Congress swept the by-elections to 18 Assembly and also won one Lok Sabha seat in Andhra Pradesh earlier this month.
With PTI Input
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list