Dam row: TDP to block Maha CM’s entry into AP
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) is gearing up to block Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan`s entry into Andhra Pradesh when he is scheduled to visit Puttaparthi in Anantapur district Wednesday.
Chavan, an ardent devotee of Satya Sai Baba, is scheduled to arrive by a special flight tomorrow morning in Puttaparthi and proceed by road to Prasanthi Nilayam, the
abode of Baba.
With Maharashtra government arresting its chief N Chandrababu Naidu and 74 other leaders when they sought to visit the Babhli irrigation project site, the TDP is bent on
preventing Chavan from going ahead with his plans.
The TDP rank and file is literally seething over Chavan on the manner in which a leader of Chandrababu Naidu`s stature has been treated by the Maharashtra government and the
police "excesses" on the party legislators arrested there.
The TDP is mobilising its cadre to stop Chavan at the Puttaparthi airport itself and not let him step into the district.
Senior TDP leaders here have informed Chandrababu Naidu about Chavan`s scheduled visit to Andhra Pradesh.
"We are discussing the issue and we shall chalk out our plan of action by tomorrow," senior TDP MLA from Anantapur district Payyavula Keshav said.
"We will certainly prevent his entry into the state," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official