Dattatreya for inquiry into Sai Trust cash siezure
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader Bandaru
Dattatreya Tuesday demanded Andhra Pradesh government to order
an inquiry into the recent siezure of huge cash, allegedly
belonging to Satya Sai Central Trust at Puttaparthi.
"The state government should order an inquiry to find
out the source of cash and if it was taken out from Yajur
Mandir--the personal chamber of late Satya Saibaba-- and the
persons involved in it should be punished," Dattatreya told
He expressed shock on reports that the cash allegedly
belonging to the Trust was being transported secretly to
The BJP leader suggested the state government to help
members to work on a more transparent basis while dealing with
Anantapur police arrested three persons-- Sohan
Setty Chandrasekhar and Harish Setty in connection with the
recovery of cash. They were sent to judicial custody till
June 27 yesterday.
Police had seized Rs 35 lakh in cash that was being
transported in a vehicle, allegedly belonging to the Sathya
Sai Central Trust, during a check at Kodikonda checkpost
bordering Karnataka on the night of June 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed