Day 3: Amid ruckus, AP Assembly adjourned
Hyderabad: The script remained the same for the third successive day in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly Thursday
as the House could not transact any business and was caught in
pandemonium created by the TDP and TRS on the liquor syndicates and the Telangana statehood issues respectively.
The Question Hour was postponed for the third day amid
Speaker Nadendla Manohar kept on pleading with the
members to let the House run but to no avail as the TDP and
the TRS members stayed put in the well of the House, holding
placards and raising slogans on the respective issues.
The Speaker adjourned the proceedings for half an hour in
the first instance within nine minutes after the House
assembled at 9 am but there was no order even when it resumed
after an hour.
"We are not utilising the opportunity given to us by the
people of the state. It is very unfortunate that for the
third consecutive day we are unable to transact any business,"
the Speaker lamented. "Please don`t waste time of the House,"
Manohar repeatedly appealed to the protesting members.
He said discussion on the liquor syndicates issue would
be taken up on Tuesday but the TDP members did not relent.
This led to the second adjournment for another half an
hour, even as Manohar invited floor leaders of all parties for
a meeting to break the deadlock.
At the floor leaders` meeting, it was decided that the
liquor syndicates issue would be taken up for discussion on
The House then reassembled but both the TDP and the TRS
members continued to surround the Speaker`s podium.
Legislative Affairs Minister D Sridhar Babu too appealed to
the Opposition members not to stall the House but his pleas
too fell on deaf ears.
Left with no option, the Speaker adjourned the House for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured