Day 3: Amid ruckus, AP Assembly adjourned
Hyderabad: The script remained the same for the third successive day in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly Thursday
as the House could not transact any business and was caught in
pandemonium created by the TDP and TRS on the liquor syndicates and the Telangana statehood issues respectively.
The Question Hour was postponed for the third day amid
Speaker Nadendla Manohar kept on pleading with the
members to let the House run but to no avail as the TDP and
the TRS members stayed put in the well of the House, holding
placards and raising slogans on the respective issues.
The Speaker adjourned the proceedings for half an hour in
the first instance within nine minutes after the House
assembled at 9 am but there was no order even when it resumed
after an hour.
"We are not utilising the opportunity given to us by the
people of the state. It is very unfortunate that for the
third consecutive day we are unable to transact any business,"
the Speaker lamented. "Please don`t waste time of the House,"
Manohar repeatedly appealed to the protesting members.
He said discussion on the liquor syndicates issue would
be taken up on Tuesday but the TDP members did not relent.
This led to the second adjournment for another half an
hour, even as Manohar invited floor leaders of all parties for
a meeting to break the deadlock.
At the floor leaders` meeting, it was decided that the
liquor syndicates issue would be taken up for discussion on
The House then reassembled but both the TDP and the TRS
members continued to surround the Speaker`s podium.
Legislative Affairs Minister D Sridhar Babu too appealed to
the Opposition members not to stall the House but his pleas
too fell on deaf ears.
Left with no option, the Speaker adjourned the House for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog