Day time curfew relaxed in Viziangaram
Visakhapatnam: The curfew in trouble-hit Vizianagaram town here was on Monday relaxed during day time as the situation is fast getting normal, police said today.
The curfew has been relaxed today from 6 am to 10 pm to provide relief to the people of the town as the situation has improved, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Vizag region) P Umapathi said.
Curfew was clamped in Vizianagaram on October 5 following large-scale violence by anti-bifurcation agitators, after the Union Cabinet decided to create a separate Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh.
The DIG said the situation was totally under control as there has been no violence for last six to seven days in Vizianagaram.
Though the curfew has been lifted for day time, section 144 of CrPc will continue to be in force, he said.
In all, 500 persons involved in the violence have been taken into custody so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH