Day time curfew relaxed in Viziangaram
Visakhapatnam: The curfew in trouble-hit Vizianagaram town here was on Monday relaxed during day time as the situation is fast getting normal, police said today.
The curfew has been relaxed today from 6 am to 10 pm to provide relief to the people of the town as the situation has improved, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Vizag region) P Umapathi said.
Curfew was clamped in Vizianagaram on October 5 following large-scale violence by anti-bifurcation agitators, after the Union Cabinet decided to create a separate Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh.
The DIG said the situation was totally under control as there has been no violence for last six to seven days in Vizianagaram.
Though the curfew has been lifted for day time, section 144 of CrPc will continue to be in force, he said.
In all, 500 persons involved in the violence have been taken into custody so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him
- 1 killed, dozen hurt in building collapse after cylinder blast
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production