Day time curfew relaxed in Viziangaram
Visakhapatnam: The curfew in trouble-hit Vizianagaram town here was on Monday relaxed during day time as the situation is fast getting normal, police said today.
The curfew has been relaxed today from 6 am to 10 pm to provide relief to the people of the town as the situation has improved, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Vizag region) P Umapathi said.
Curfew was clamped in Vizianagaram on October 5 following large-scale violence by anti-bifurcation agitators, after the Union Cabinet decided to create a separate Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh.
The DIG said the situation was totally under control as there has been no violence for last six to seven days in Vizianagaram.
Though the curfew has been lifted for day time, section 144 of CrPc will continue to be in force, he said.
In all, 500 persons involved in the violence have been taken into custody so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself