Day time curfew relaxed in Viziangaram
Visakhapatnam: The curfew in trouble-hit Vizianagaram town here was on Monday relaxed during day time as the situation is fast getting normal, police said today.
The curfew has been relaxed today from 6 am to 10 pm to provide relief to the people of the town as the situation has improved, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Vizag region) P Umapathi said.
Curfew was clamped in Vizianagaram on October 5 following large-scale violence by anti-bifurcation agitators, after the Union Cabinet decided to create a separate Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh.
The DIG said the situation was totally under control as there has been no violence for last six to seven days in Vizianagaram.
Though the curfew has been lifted for day time, section 144 of CrPc will continue to be in force, he said.
In all, 500 persons involved in the violence have been taken into custody so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Revealed! How low testosterone raises diabetes risk
- Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan, Arjun Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra, Shahid Kapoor, Karan Singh Grover – Kisme Kitni ‘ab’ hai
- Coal scam: Court orders framing of charges against Naveen Jindal
- Pyongyang sentences Korean-American for spying
- I don't diet, I'm just genetically blessed: Priyanka Chopra