Day time curfew relaxed in Viziangaram
Visakhapatnam: The curfew in trouble-hit Vizianagaram town here was on Monday relaxed during day time as the situation is fast getting normal, police said today.
The curfew has been relaxed today from 6 am to 10 pm to provide relief to the people of the town as the situation has improved, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Vizag region) P Umapathi said.
Curfew was clamped in Vizianagaram on October 5 following large-scale violence by anti-bifurcation agitators, after the Union Cabinet decided to create a separate Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh.
The DIG said the situation was totally under control as there has been no violence for last six to seven days in Vizianagaram.
Though the curfew has been lifted for day time, section 144 of CrPc will continue to be in force, he said.
In all, 500 persons involved in the violence have been taken into custody so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- AAP MLA Jagdeep Singh arrested on assault charges, later released on bail
- Red Bull apologise to Daniel Ricciardo for pit-stop bungle at Monaco
- Have you ever encountered death? These people did and were lucky to survive it – Watch
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports