Death of Jaipal`s niece registered as murder
Hyderabad: Hyderabad Police on Sunday registered the death of Kiran Reddy, niece of Union Minister for Petroleum S Jaipal Reddy, as murder and would question her husband soon, senior officials said.
Police had on Saturday registered a case of suspicious death after Kiran Reddy (26) was found dead in her house at Bharani Layout in Jubilee Hills but following a complaint, the case was now altered to Section 302 (murder) of IPC, Jubilee Hills Circle Inspector K Narasing Rao said.
Kiran`s mother, Bharathi, is the elder sister of Jaipal Reddy.
The deceased`s father Raghottam Reddy on Sunday complained to police that his daughter`s death was unnatural and accused the involvement of her husband (Chaitanya Reddy) and other family members into it.
Kiran, a private dermatologist was married to Chaitanya Reddy five years ago.
"Raghottam Reddy complained to us that Kiran`s death was not natural and he suspected foul play. Raghottam has alleged that Kiran`s husband and her in-law`s were behind the death of his daughter. Following the complaint we altered the case. Now a murder case has been registered against Chaitanya Reddy and his other family members," Rao said.
An autopsy report of Kiran Reddy`s death was awaited and police said they would soon question Chaitanya Reddy and his family members in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply