Death toll in liquor tragedy in Andhra goes up to eight
Karimnagar (AP): Death toll in the illicit
liquor tragedy here has gone up to eight, police said today.
Medipalli Sub-Inspector P Kashaiah said four more people
died on Saturday while four others were hospitalised and are
He said four persons died on Friday soon after consuming
the illicit liquor at Mannegudem village, about 80 km from
The liquor contractor M Sudhakar who had supplied the
illicit brew is absconding, he said.
Minister for Higher Education and NRI affairs D Sridhar
Babu visited the village and distributed Rs 7,500 each to the
kin of the victims apart from assuring ex gratia payment of Rs
50,000 to the victims, who are agriculture labourers by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray