Death toll in liquor tragedy in Andhra goes up to eight
Karimnagar (AP): Death toll in the illicit
liquor tragedy here has gone up to eight, police said today.
Medipalli Sub-Inspector P Kashaiah said four more people
died on Saturday while four others were hospitalised and are
He said four persons died on Friday soon after consuming
the illicit liquor at Mannegudem village, about 80 km from
The liquor contractor M Sudhakar who had supplied the
illicit brew is absconding, he said.
Minister for Higher Education and NRI affairs D Sridhar
Babu visited the village and distributed Rs 7,500 each to the
kin of the victims apart from assuring ex gratia payment of Rs
50,000 to the victims, who are agriculture labourers by
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram