Death toll in Vizag steel-plant explosion rises to 16
Visakhapatnam: The death toll in last week`s blast at the state-owned steel plant here rose to 16 with one more senior officer succumbing to burn injuries.
Assistant General Manager, steel melting shop (SMS), M B R S Sarma, who was shifted to Mumbai a few days back for quality medical care, died on Monday morning, according to sources.
The explosion had occurred at `oxygen control unit` near the SMS-II at the Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) on the night of June 13.
General Manager (Projects) DS Kalsi and a private company employee R Bhattacharya were undergoing treatment at a hospital in Mumbai while Deputy Manager Prabhakara Rao was being treated at a hospital here, sources said adding that their condition was critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead