Death toll in Vizag steel-plant explosion rises to 16
Visakhapatnam: The death toll in last week`s blast at the state-owned steel plant here rose to 16 with one more senior officer succumbing to burn injuries.
Assistant General Manager, steel melting shop (SMS), M B R S Sarma, who was shifted to Mumbai a few days back for quality medical care, died on Monday morning, according to sources.
The explosion had occurred at `oxygen control unit` near the SMS-II at the Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) on the night of June 13.
General Manager (Projects) DS Kalsi and a private company employee R Bhattacharya were undergoing treatment at a hospital in Mumbai while Deputy Manager Prabhakara Rao was being treated at a hospital here, sources said adding that their condition was critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP