Death toll in Vizag steel-plant explosion rises to 16
Visakhapatnam: The death toll in last week`s blast at the state-owned steel plant here rose to 16 with one more senior officer succumbing to burn injuries.
Assistant General Manager, steel melting shop (SMS), M B R S Sarma, who was shifted to Mumbai a few days back for quality medical care, died on Monday morning, according to sources.
The explosion had occurred at `oxygen control unit` near the SMS-II at the Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) on the night of June 13.
General Manager (Projects) DS Kalsi and a private company employee R Bhattacharya were undergoing treatment at a hospital in Mumbai while Deputy Manager Prabhakara Rao was being treated at a hospital here, sources said adding that their condition was critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"