Debt-ridden farmer ends life in Karimnagar
Karimnagar: A debt-ridden farmer
committed suicide by consuming insecticide in Kasaram village
around 40 km from here, police said today.
Ramidi Rajaiah (45), a cotton grower, became debt ridden
after he failed to get a good yield and was unable to repay
the loans he had taken during sowing season, Gangadhara police
Ramidi was also under pressure for not being able to
marry off his daughter and took the extreme step by consuming
poison in his fields yesterday, they said, adding that further
investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre