Debt-ridden farmer ends life in Karimnagar
Karimnagar: A debt-ridden farmer
committed suicide by consuming insecticide in Kasaram village
around 40 km from here, police said today.
Ramidi Rajaiah (45), a cotton grower, became debt ridden
after he failed to get a good yield and was unable to repay
the loans he had taken during sowing season, Gangadhara police
Ramidi was also under pressure for not being able to
marry off his daughter and took the extreme step by consuming
poison in his fields yesterday, they said, adding that further
investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter