Decision on Telangana after Eid: Chidambaram
New Delhi: A movement towards a decision
on the Telangana issue will take place after the Eid-ul-Zuha
festival, Home Minister P Chidambaram said on Monday.
He said Congress General Secretary incharge of Andhra
Pradesh and Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad had
conveyed to different groups in the state that since the
festival season was going on, there has been no movement on
"The General Secretary incharge and the Minister has told
the groups that this is the festival season -- Diwali and then
the Eid - and let the two festivals pass. Movement towards a
decision will take place immediately after Eid," Chidambaram
said at a press conference here.
He was responding to questions on whether there was any
forward movement in taking any decision on Telangana and when
the Centre was going to convene an all-party meeting of the
political parties of Andhra Pradesh.
Eid will be celebrated on November 7.
Azad had submitted his report on his deliberations with
Congress MLAs and MPs of Andhra Pradesh to Congress party high
Four political parties of Andhra Pradesh, including
Congress, have not taken a decision on the issue.
"TDP and MIM are waiting to see what Congress party`s
decision will be. The other party the YSR Congress has not
indicated its mind either" Chidambaram had said earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Political blame-game begins as auto, taxi unions go on indefinite strike against app-based taxi services
- NGT seeks details of Rs 20,000 crore expenditure on cleaning Ganga
- Stolen LMG recovered in Punjab, red alert sounded for runaway BSF trooper
- India wants close security coordination with Bangladesh: Envoy
- LeEco launches new video membership brand for young consumers