Decision on Telangana after Eid: Chidambaram
New Delhi: A movement towards a decision
on the Telangana issue will take place after the Eid-ul-Zuha
festival, Home Minister P Chidambaram said on Monday.
He said Congress General Secretary incharge of Andhra
Pradesh and Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad had
conveyed to different groups in the state that since the
festival season was going on, there has been no movement on
"The General Secretary incharge and the Minister has told
the groups that this is the festival season -- Diwali and then
the Eid - and let the two festivals pass. Movement towards a
decision will take place immediately after Eid," Chidambaram
said at a press conference here.
He was responding to questions on whether there was any
forward movement in taking any decision on Telangana and when
the Centre was going to convene an all-party meeting of the
political parties of Andhra Pradesh.
Eid will be celebrated on November 7.
Azad had submitted his report on his deliberations with
Congress MLAs and MPs of Andhra Pradesh to Congress party high
Four political parties of Andhra Pradesh, including
Congress, have not taken a decision on the issue.
"TDP and MIM are waiting to see what Congress party`s
decision will be. The other party the YSR Congress has not
indicated its mind either" Chidambaram had said earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what