Decision on Telangana likely soon: Union Minister
Hyderabad: Union Minister of State for
Home Jitendra Singh on Sunday expressed hope that a decision on
Telangana statehood would be taken very shortly, after a
consensus is reached, as the Centre is presently holding
deliberations with all political parties on the issue.
"The government is discussing on the (Telangana)
issue with all political parties and I am hopeful a decision
will be taken very soon," Singh told reporters after reviewing
the passing out parade of the 36th batch of sub-inspectors/
executives at the National Industrial Security Academy (NISA)
"Such matters are resolved only if there is a broad
consensus from different quarters. A decision can be arrived
at only if everybody, including all political parties and
people of all regions and communities agree on it," he said
adding "I am sure very soon, a decision will be taken by the
Government of India, which will suit the people of all the
regions and at the foremost, it should also favour the
"Our (government`s) efforts are on and Home Minister
P Chidambaram is working on it to resolve the matter," he
Reacting to a query on the scenario after the killing
of the Maoist leader Kishenji, the minister said there has
been a slight rise in Maoist attacks in left-wing extremist
(LWE) affected areas. However, the Central Armed Police Forces
(CAPFs), deployed in such areas are fully equipped to deal
with the Maoists, he said.
Referring to demands that Central Bureau of
Investigation, be brought under the Lokpal scanner, Singh said
"It was up to the Cabinet to decide."
Reacting to another query over the "threat" of
(anti-corruption crusader) Anna Hazare going on an indefinite
fast from December 27, Singh said, "Maybe...Anna has different
thinking...but the Congress and the UPA government is
committed to bring a strong Lokpal Bill, that will benefit the
common man," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'