Decision on Telangana likely soon: Union Minister
Hyderabad: Union Minister of State for
Home Jitendra Singh on Sunday expressed hope that a decision on
Telangana statehood would be taken very shortly, after a
consensus is reached, as the Centre is presently holding
deliberations with all political parties on the issue.
"The government is discussing on the (Telangana)
issue with all political parties and I am hopeful a decision
will be taken very soon," Singh told reporters after reviewing
the passing out parade of the 36th batch of sub-inspectors/
executives at the National Industrial Security Academy (NISA)
"Such matters are resolved only if there is a broad
consensus from different quarters. A decision can be arrived
at only if everybody, including all political parties and
people of all regions and communities agree on it," he said
adding "I am sure very soon, a decision will be taken by the
Government of India, which will suit the people of all the
regions and at the foremost, it should also favour the
"Our (government`s) efforts are on and Home Minister
P Chidambaram is working on it to resolve the matter," he
Reacting to a query on the scenario after the killing
of the Maoist leader Kishenji, the minister said there has
been a slight rise in Maoist attacks in left-wing extremist
(LWE) affected areas. However, the Central Armed Police Forces
(CAPFs), deployed in such areas are fully equipped to deal
with the Maoists, he said.
Referring to demands that Central Bureau of
Investigation, be brought under the Lokpal scanner, Singh said
"It was up to the Cabinet to decide."
Reacting to another query over the "threat" of
(anti-corruption crusader) Anna Hazare going on an indefinite
fast from December 27, Singh said, "Maybe...Anna has different
thinking...but the Congress and the UPA government is
committed to bring a strong Lokpal Bill, that will benefit the
common man," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?