`Decision on Telangana more due to pressure from Cong leaders`
Guntur: The Centre`s announcement of
creating a separate Telangana state was more due to the
pressure from Congress leaders in Telangana than to the fast
by TRS chief, a senior Congress leader said here on Sunday.
"We are shocked and deeply disappointed at the hasty
unilateral decision," senior Congress leader and MP Rayapati
Samba Siva Rao said referring to Congress Core Committee
decision to concede the demand for the formation of Telangana.
The decision was more due to the pressure from Congress
leaders in Telangana than to the fast-unto-death by Telangana
Rashtra Samiti chief K Chandrasekhar Rao, he told reporters at
The state Congress unit has committed a mistake by
authorising party chief Sonia Gandhi to take a decision on the
sensitive issue, the five time MP from Guntur said, adding
that they had naturally expected that she would consult all
the stakeholders before taking a decision.
He, however, said Sonia has assured Andhra Pradesh MPs to
reconsider the decision and see to it that no injustice is
done to any region in the state.
Sambasiva said the formation of separate Telangana state
is still in doubt and a resolution by AP State Legislature is
mandatory for the purpose.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference