`Decision on Telangana more due to pressure from Cong leaders`
Guntur: The Centre`s announcement of
creating a separate Telangana state was more due to the
pressure from Congress leaders in Telangana than to the fast
by TRS chief, a senior Congress leader said here on Sunday.
"We are shocked and deeply disappointed at the hasty
unilateral decision," senior Congress leader and MP Rayapati
Samba Siva Rao said referring to Congress Core Committee
decision to concede the demand for the formation of Telangana.
The decision was more due to the pressure from Congress
leaders in Telangana than to the fast-unto-death by Telangana
Rashtra Samiti chief K Chandrasekhar Rao, he told reporters at
The state Congress unit has committed a mistake by
authorising party chief Sonia Gandhi to take a decision on the
sensitive issue, the five time MP from Guntur said, adding
that they had naturally expected that she would consult all
the stakeholders before taking a decision.
He, however, said Sonia has assured Andhra Pradesh MPs to
reconsider the decision and see to it that no injustice is
done to any region in the state.
Sambasiva said the formation of separate Telangana state
is still in doubt and a resolution by AP State Legislature is
mandatory for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket