Decision on Telangana only after talks end: Azad
Chennai: Congress on Friday said it is committed
to early resolution of the Telangana issue and maintained that
a decision on the matter would be taken only after
national-level talks with senior leaders of the three regions
in Andhra Pradesh are complete.
"So far as the Telangana issue is concerned, we are
committed for early resolution of the issue. And we have had
consultations with senior leaders of all the three regions in
the state," Congress General Secretary in-charge of Andhra
Pradesh and Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad told
reporters at the airport here.
The chief of the party`s state unit Botsa Satyanarayana
had held consultations with senior leaders including Pranab
Mukherjee in Delhi yesterday even as the high command
continued to grapple with the Telangana issue.
Azad declined to comment when asked about Congress`
performance in the recently concluded local body elections in
Tamil Nadu in which it fared poorly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself