Decision on Telangana only after talks end: Azad
Chennai: Congress on Friday said it is committed
to early resolution of the Telangana issue and maintained that
a decision on the matter would be taken only after
national-level talks with senior leaders of the three regions
in Andhra Pradesh are complete.
"So far as the Telangana issue is concerned, we are
committed for early resolution of the issue. And we have had
consultations with senior leaders of all the three regions in
the state," Congress General Secretary in-charge of Andhra
Pradesh and Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad told
reporters at the airport here.
The chief of the party`s state unit Botsa Satyanarayana
had held consultations with senior leaders including Pranab
Mukherjee in Delhi yesterday even as the high command
continued to grapple with the Telangana issue.
Azad declined to comment when asked about Congress`
performance in the recently concluded local body elections in
Tamil Nadu in which it fared poorly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees