Decision on Telangana only after talks end: Azad
Chennai: Congress on Friday said it is committed
to early resolution of the Telangana issue and maintained that
a decision on the matter would be taken only after
national-level talks with senior leaders of the three regions
in Andhra Pradesh are complete.
"So far as the Telangana issue is concerned, we are
committed for early resolution of the issue. And we have had
consultations with senior leaders of all the three regions in
the state," Congress General Secretary in-charge of Andhra
Pradesh and Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad told
reporters at the airport here.
The chief of the party`s state unit Botsa Satyanarayana
had held consultations with senior leaders including Pranab
Mukherjee in Delhi yesterday even as the high command
continued to grapple with the Telangana issue.
Azad declined to comment when asked about Congress`
performance in the recently concluded local body elections in
Tamil Nadu in which it fared poorly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record