Decision to bifurcate Andhra not good for state: KS Rao
New Delhi: Continuing with his protest over creation of Telangana, Union Minister K S Rao today said the decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh is not good for the state but remained non-committal on whether all ministers from Seemandhra will resign.
"We will take a decision on resignations at the right time and we have to see whether we will gain anything from the resignations. Resignations are not the only solution. We will have to think about it," he said here.
Rao was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a programme to inaugurate `Resham Ghar` (home of Indian silk).
He held that the decision to split Andhra Pradesh is not good for people of all the three regions of the state.
The Textile Minister, who hails from the Seemandhra region said "Congress future is destroyed" in that region after the decision, but added "we will discuss with high command and try to revive the party."
Seemandhra MPs and ministers have met a number of times the A K Antony panel, that is looking into the grievances arising out of the decision on Telangana and some steps are expected to assuage the feelings on the other side. Rao`s statement is significant in that backdrop.
The minister also chose not to hide his displeasure over YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy getting bail in the CBI case saying it is creating some doubts in people`s minds.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!