Decision to bifurcate Andhra not good for state: KS Rao
New Delhi: Continuing with his protest over creation of Telangana, Union Minister K S Rao today said the decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh is not good for the state but remained non-committal on whether all ministers from Seemandhra will resign.
"We will take a decision on resignations at the right time and we have to see whether we will gain anything from the resignations. Resignations are not the only solution. We will have to think about it," he said here.
Rao was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a programme to inaugurate `Resham Ghar` (home of Indian silk).
He held that the decision to split Andhra Pradesh is not good for people of all the three regions of the state.
The Textile Minister, who hails from the Seemandhra region said "Congress future is destroyed" in that region after the decision, but added "we will discuss with high command and try to revive the party."
Seemandhra MPs and ministers have met a number of times the A K Antony panel, that is looking into the grievances arising out of the decision on Telangana and some steps are expected to assuage the feelings on the other side. Rao`s statement is significant in that backdrop.
The minister also chose not to hide his displeasure over YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy getting bail in the CBI case saying it is creating some doubts in people`s minds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi