‘Declare Cyclone Nilam a national calamity’
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party on Saturday urged the Centre to declare the recent Nilam cyclone, which played havoc and caused large-scale damage, as a national calamity.
The party`s politburo, which met in Putta Pahad village in the neighbouring Rangareddy district where TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu is undertaking a `padayatra` (foot march) also demanded the Government to announce compensation of Rs 10,000 per acre of crop damaged due to cyclone, Kadiam Srihari, former minister and TDP politburo member said.
The politburo also demanded that the state government should increase the ex-gratia amount for the families of the deceased to Rs 5 lakh each, he said.
TDP said the government should take up rehabilitation measures on war footing.
The party also demanded the Government to hold election to local bodies immediately so as to get the benefits under various central schemes, he added.
Srihari said the party also passed `Tribal Declaration`, which proclaims that every tribal `tanda` (hamlet) be declared a village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Jacqueline Fernandez to walk for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41
- Get free voice, video call and 4G internet for 90 days on Reliance Jio
- Soha Ali Khan's weekend getaway will surely tempt you!- See pic