‘Declare Cyclone Nilam a national calamity’
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party on Saturday urged the Centre to declare the recent Nilam cyclone, which played havoc and caused large-scale damage, as a national calamity.
The party`s politburo, which met in Putta Pahad village in the neighbouring Rangareddy district where TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu is undertaking a `padayatra` (foot march) also demanded the Government to announce compensation of Rs 10,000 per acre of crop damaged due to cyclone, Kadiam Srihari, former minister and TDP politburo member said.
The politburo also demanded that the state government should increase the ex-gratia amount for the families of the deceased to Rs 5 lakh each, he said.
TDP said the government should take up rehabilitation measures on war footing.
The party also demanded the Government to hold election to local bodies immediately so as to get the benefits under various central schemes, he added.
Srihari said the party also passed `Tribal Declaration`, which proclaims that every tribal `tanda` (hamlet) be declared a village.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged