Declare Telangana state at the earliest: Cong MP
Karimnagar: Congress MP from Karimnagar, Poonam Prabhakar, on Thursday appeared before a local court in connection with a 2011 case concerning Telangana issue.
Prabhakar had been booked for participating in a rail roko agitation at Algunoor village near here on November 15, 2011 for the separate statehood demand.
The magisterial court postponed the hearing till August 19.
Meanwhile, talking to reporters outside the court premises, Prabhakar demanded that the state government should withdraw the cases slapped by police against students who participated in the Telangana agitation as promised earlier.
On the formation of separate state, the MP said that ruling Congress party should declare the separate state without any delay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list