Declare Telangana state at the earliest: Cong MP
Karimnagar: Congress MP from Karimnagar, Poonam Prabhakar, on Thursday appeared before a local court in connection with a 2011 case concerning Telangana issue.
Prabhakar had been booked for participating in a rail roko agitation at Algunoor village near here on November 15, 2011 for the separate statehood demand.
The magisterial court postponed the hearing till August 19.
Meanwhile, talking to reporters outside the court premises, Prabhakar demanded that the state government should withdraw the cases slapped by police against students who participated in the Telangana agitation as promised earlier.
On the formation of separate state, the MP said that ruling Congress party should declare the separate state without any delay.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan