Declare Telangana state at the earliest: Cong MP
Karimnagar: Congress MP from Karimnagar, Poonam Prabhakar, on Thursday appeared before a local court in connection with a 2011 case concerning Telangana issue.
Prabhakar had been booked for participating in a rail roko agitation at Algunoor village near here on November 15, 2011 for the separate statehood demand.
The magisterial court postponed the hearing till August 19.
Meanwhile, talking to reporters outside the court premises, Prabhakar demanded that the state government should withdraw the cases slapped by police against students who participated in the Telangana agitation as promised earlier.
On the formation of separate state, the MP said that ruling Congress party should declare the separate state without any delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon