Declare Telangana state at the earliest: Cong MP
Karimnagar: Congress MP from Karimnagar, Poonam Prabhakar, on Thursday appeared before a local court in connection with a 2011 case concerning Telangana issue.
Prabhakar had been booked for participating in a rail roko agitation at Algunoor village near here on November 15, 2011 for the separate statehood demand.
The magisterial court postponed the hearing till August 19.
Meanwhile, talking to reporters outside the court premises, Prabhakar demanded that the state government should withdraw the cases slapped by police against students who participated in the Telangana agitation as promised earlier.
On the formation of separate state, the MP said that ruling Congress party should declare the separate state without any delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed