Declare Telangana state at the earliest: Cong MP
Karimnagar: Congress MP from Karimnagar, Poonam Prabhakar, on Thursday appeared before a local court in connection with a 2011 case concerning Telangana issue.
Prabhakar had been booked for participating in a rail roko agitation at Algunoor village near here on November 15, 2011 for the separate statehood demand.
The magisterial court postponed the hearing till August 19.
Meanwhile, talking to reporters outside the court premises, Prabhakar demanded that the state government should withdraw the cases slapped by police against students who participated in the Telangana agitation as promised earlier.
On the formation of separate state, the MP said that ruling Congress party should declare the separate state without any delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth