Demand for a separate Telangana state opposed
Guntur: The Joint Auction Committee For a United Andhra Pradesh has taken a stand opposing the demand for carving out a separate Telangana state.
The committee which met at the Acharya Nagarjuna University campus with S Samuel as chairperson, mounted a scathing attack on Telangana Rashtra Samithi supremo N Chandrasekhara Rao and Kodanda Ram of Telangana Joint Action Committee, describing them as villains of the piece.
Speaking on the occasion, Mohammed Hidyat expressed fears that Andhra which falls under the lower riparian area of the Godavari and Krishna rivers may become a desert if the state is divided. "Irrigation projects will be hit," he claimed.
However, Samuel evaded a question about how unity could be forced on unwilling Telangana people, who seem have contempt for Andhrites and view then as exploiters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack