Details about funds of AP temples to be put on website: AP minister
Rajahmundry: Andhra Pradesh State Endowments Minister P Manikyala Rao on Saturday said that the details relating to the properties, income and expenditure of temples in the state would be put up on a special website to maintain transparency.
Speaking after offering prayers to Goddess Aishwaryambica Devi at Sripitham in Kakinada near here, he said, "A number of people are contributing to various temples for the purpose of development. However, there are allegations of misuse of these funds.
"Therefore, we are preparing a separate website for Endowment Department which will contain the details of properties, income and expenditure in the temples in Andhra Pradesh in order to maintain transparency," he said.
It would also show the amount of donations received and the quantum of amount used for various schemes launched in the temples, Rao added.
"Notices will be served to executive officers of temples, who has not completed temples audits," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!