Details about funds of AP temples to be put on website: AP minister
Rajahmundry: Andhra Pradesh State Endowments Minister P Manikyala Rao on Saturday said that the details relating to the properties, income and expenditure of temples in the state would be put up on a special website to maintain transparency.
Speaking after offering prayers to Goddess Aishwaryambica Devi at Sripitham in Kakinada near here, he said, "A number of people are contributing to various temples for the purpose of development. However, there are allegations of misuse of these funds.
"Therefore, we are preparing a separate website for Endowment Department which will contain the details of properties, income and expenditure in the temples in Andhra Pradesh in order to maintain transparency," he said.
It would also show the amount of donations received and the quantum of amount used for various schemes launched in the temples, Rao added.
"Notices will be served to executive officers of temples, who has not completed temples audits," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read