Detonators found on scooter in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Detonators wrapped in a piece of cloth were found under the seat of a scooter in a busy locality here on Saturday, police said.
In another case, an anonymous caller told Saifabad police station of the Central Zone that a bomb had been planted in the state Assembly building which may go off any time. However, a thorough check of the premises brought out that it was a hoax.
Police said they were trying to ascertain caller`s identity.
In Shahinayatgunj police station limits, a person named Gulabsingh alerted the police about a bomb-like object planted on his parked scooter in the busy Puranapul area.
The bomb disposal squad found out that it was not a bomb but six to seven detonators wrapped in a cloth kept under the seat. There was no explosive material.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan