Devotees hope for Sai Baba`s speedy recovery
Puttaparthi (AP): Concerned over the
health of Sri Sathya Sai Baba, several of his devotees,
including foreigners here, have expressed confidence that he
will recover soon.
"I am confident that all these will be over and Baba
will give darshan soon," Sanjeev Singh, a devotee from Uttar
Pradesh, told agency.
"We are all confident that Baba would give us darshan
very soon. It is only outsiders who were worried. We are not,"
said Bittoo Thapa, a devotee from Darjeeling in West Bengal.
Along with the Indian devotees, scores of foreigners
who throng Puttaparthi have also expressed confidence that the
85-year-old Baba would recover speedily and bless the
"Baba is god. This is only temporary," Mirek, a
devotee from Poland, said.
His compatriot echoed similar feelings.
Meanwhile, police imposed elaborate prohibitory orders
in Putaparthi and restricted the movement of public transport
vehicles like autos buses and others.
Shops have downed their shutters at various places in
Police did not allow assembly of people at the Sri
Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, where Sai
Baba is being treated as it has been declared as a sterile
Movement of people and devotees was thin in view of
The prohibitory orders were imposed as some anxious
crowds allegedly tried to attack the vehicles of district
Sai Baba was admitted in the super speciality hospital
here on March 28 following chest and lungs congestion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'