DGP urges Hyderabad police commissioner to review cases
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) V Dinesh Reddy on Monday asked Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma to review cases registered in connection with violent incidents reported during the `Telangana March` here on September 30.
Office bearers of Telangana Non-Gazetted Officers met the DGP and expressed concern about cases booked during the `Telangana March`.
Later, the DGP asked the Hyderabad Police Commissioner to review these cases, according to a release from the DGP`s office.
Hyderabad police have filed over 30 cases against Telangana activists for allegedly indulging in violence during the march and named Telangana-JAC chairman M Kodandaram among others in related cases on charge of continuing the protest at Sanjivaiah Park on Necklace Road, the venue of the `Telangana March`, beyond the permitted deadline.
Police also suspect the role of "left-wing extremists" in stirring up violence resulting in massive damage to properties and arson, as activists defied prohibitory orders and joined the `Telangana march` for a separate state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday